Thursday 9 January 2020

Hello Again

Hello Mini friends,


Well its been over a year since I posted and this is pretty much because my mum sadly passed away in December 2018 and it did set me back a lot.  I lost my motivation and while I continued to make some minis I am not sure really what was going on as the entire year seemed to fly past rather too quickly.  Mum's are so incredibly important and obviously my life will never be the same but I'm trying to locate my motivation and replace my sorrow with new things.  My last dog also passed away that year so I suddenly had a huge gap in my life and I felt a bit lonely despite having my family around me.  Now, a year on I am aiming to do more with my time and I want to also share with you some of the processes I go through when I create my miniatures but for now I'll show you what I managed to make last year.

My beautiful mum. 



So, back to minis...

I had a request from a lovely lady for some teeny 1/24th scale prams so I did oblige even though it was a huge challenge.  While I managed it, I don't think I ever want to make anything in 1/24th scale again because it's so fiddly.  It is strange to think that one of my first mini makes when I was just eleven years old was a tiny 1/24th scale pram with an interchangeable pushchair seat, well it just shows you I've clearly loved miniatures since being a child.

1/24th Scale prams

1/24th Scale prams

1/24th Scale prams

1/24th Scale pram

Another pram I made but believe I never showed you is this pink cord pram, 1/12th scale this time.  I made a tiny detachable pram toy to go with it. I made this pram using a printed frame I designed but I have already made improvements on these frames so future prams will be very different.

1/12th Scale Pram

1/12th Scale Pram

1/12th Scale Pram

After this I spent a long time (rather too long) designing some new modern pushchair frames.  I usually search the internet for inspiration before beginning my 3D design process on computer.  I save lots of pictures and then work out the full size measurements and lastly I scale down. The strangest thing about scaling down is that perfectly scaled down objects don't always look right, often one has to adjust the dimensions a little and the naked eye proves a much more friendly tool. I created a new frame and then set about making a summer pushchair with a little canopy and a multi-positional seat.  This seat can be lay back for a tiny baby or sit upright just like real life.  I also found some very cute, and super tiny, side release buckles and I used these on the harness and here is the result.

1/12th scale miniature stroller

1/12th scale miniature stroller

1/12th scale miniature stroller



1/12th scale miniature stroller

1/12th scale miniature stroller

1/12th scale miniature stroller

I did make a few other miniatures too but this post is long enough for now so I'll save those for next time.  Thank you for reading, see you soon. 

Gill x

P.S. If you want to purchase any of my creations here is a link http://www.teenytinythings.co.uk/shop.php





8 comments:

  1. Sorry about your mum. May she rest in peace.
    I love your strollers. I hope to see more posts and pictures about your incredible work.
    Happy 2020 and hugs,
    Drora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dora :)
    Happy 2020!
    Hugs, Gill

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry to read about your mum, your strollers looks great

    Hugs
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel for you the loss of your beloved mother and of your cherished pet. It takes time to come to terms with such sad events in our lives and I'm glad that you're doing so.
    Your new baby carriages and pushchair have been good therapy and they are Lovely!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elizabeth,
    Thank you for your message, yes it takes a long time, I am getting there slowly.
    Kindest regards,
    Gill

    ReplyDelete